Updated: Oct 9, 2018
Guacamole with a Hint of Smoke and Spice
I've been making a variation of this guacamole for years and it is always my go-to dish whenever I need to bring something over to someone's house because it's so simple and always a big hit. Using simple, fresh ingredients, this dip is full of antioxidants, heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and a ton of flavor! Serve with veggies, chips, pita or add to chili and tacos for a nutritious and festive addition to any meal!
Ingredients (serves 6):
2 large avocados
8 cherry tomatoes (or about 1 C)
1 jalapeño, seeds removed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp chipotle powder
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
juice from 1 lime
1. Slice avocado in half, lengthwise. Remove pit. Scoop avocado into a medium sized- bowl and mash with fork until creamy and mostly smooth.
2. Wash tomato and pat dry. Cut tomatoes into eighths. Add to avocado.
3. Dice onion and add to bowl.
4. Wash jalapeño and pat dry. Dice and add to bowl.
5. Add spices (salt, chipotle and smoked paprika). Mix all ingredients together.
6. Add lime juice. Gently mix one more time to combine all ingredients. Enjoy!
This will last in an airtight container for about 2 days in the fridge. I like to save the avocado pits and place them in the guacamole when stored, as this may help to keep it fresh for longer.
Please note: This dish does not contain any gluten-containing ingredients, however, if you are avoiding gluten due to celiac, ensure that all spices used are certified gluten free.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
Calories 118 calories, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 8 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 200 mg, Calcium 14 mg
#guacamole #easyguacamole #guacamolerecipe #easyrecipe #glutenfree #dairyfree #glutenfreerecipe #dairyfreerecipe #spicy #avocado #dietitianrecipe #healthyfood #simplerecipe #gamedayfood #gamefood #footballfood #footballrecipe #gamedayrrecipe #vegetarian