Updated: Nov 5, 2018
These baked sweet potato "fries" are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and my favorite way to eat sweet potatoes! Sweet potatoes are a starchy vegetable, so they offer carbohydrates complete with fiber, and they're also a good source of beta carotene (which our bodies convert to vitamin A) and potassium. Also, this dish is suitable for those following a #lowFODMAP diet, so your tummy and your tastebuds will be happy! And did I mention they're sprinkled with cinnamon? These are a favorite dish in my house and I'm so happy to share this recipe with you!
Ingredients (serves 4):
2 medium sweet potato
1 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp oil
½ tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash sweet potatoes well, dry with paper towel (the skin is included in this recipe – if you prefer, remove skin).
3. Slice sweet potatoes in half, then slice each half into strips (~ ½ inch thick).
4. Spray baking sheet or casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place sweet potato in baking dish, drizzle oil and sprinkle cinnamon, salt and pepper over sweet potato. Mix well so ingredients are well distributed. Note: Arranging in a single layer will help the fries to cook quickly and get crispy on the outside.
5. Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour, mixing every ~15 minutes. Fries should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. If you desire crispier fries, you can broil for an additional 3-4 minutes. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
Calories 147 calories, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 13 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 179 mg, Calcium 26 mg
*Please Note: While this dish is free from gluten-containing ingredients, I recommend using certified gluten free products if you need to avoid potential sources of cross contamination, such as in the case of celiac disease.
#sweetpotato #sweetpotatofries #fries #bakedfries #potato #recipe #bakedrecipe #bakedfryrecipe #lowfodmap #fodmapfriendly #lowfodmaprecipe #fodmapfriendlyrecipe #cinnamon #easyrecipe #sides #sidedish #glutenfree #glutenfreerecipe #thanksgivingrecipe #holidayrecipe #thanksgiving