A Delicious Banana Bread Suitable for a Low FODMAP or Gluten Free Diet!
This incredible banana bread is sweet, moist and the perfect dessert or snack with a mug of hot tea. It's so simple to make and it's suitable for those following a low FODMAP or gluten free diet, making it a great option if you are hosting multiple dietary needs over the holidays! Also, this recipe offers a great use for bananas that are a bit too ripe to enjoy on their own, as these bananas will make the bread sweeter and it prevents food waste!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 75 minutes
Ingredients (yields 10 servings):
1 C rolled oats (opt for certified gluten free, if needed)
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 C brown sugar, packed
2 ripe bananas
2 large eggs, raw
1/4 C oil (I used avocado oil)
1/4 C plain Greek yogurt (opt for lactose-free if needed, can use whole or 2% yogurt)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C dark chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels)
Nonstick cooking spray
Optional (but highly recommended!) toppings:
1/4 C chocolate chips
1/2 C crushed walnuts (I used raw, unsalted walnuts and crushed them in the Cuisinart food processor)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Blend oats in a food processor to create a flour-like texture (I like to use my Cuisinart Mini Prep Processor). Alternatively, you may opt to use oat flour. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas well with a fork.
4. In a separate, small bowl, whisk eggs together and add to large bowl with bananas. Mix ingredients well with a fork until well combined.
5. Add Greek yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract . Mix ingredients well with a whisk or a fork.
6. Add dry ingredients, including oats (or oat flour), sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Use a large spoon or rubber spatula to mix all ingredients until well combined.
7. Gently fold in 1/2 C chocolate chips.
8. Spray a 9x5 baking pan with nonstick spray. Add batter and smooth with a spatula or spoon. Add optional toppings.
9. Bake in oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 70-75 minutes, until cooked through. Oven times will vary, but a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Allow bread to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into it. Enjoy!
*This banana bread will stay fresh by placing a layer of aluminum foil or plastic wrap over the loaf pan, once cooled, for 3-5 days.
**While this recipe is not made with any gluten-containing ingredients, I recommend choosing certified gluten free items for all ingredients if all possible sources of cross-contact need to avoided, such as in the case of celiac disease.
***This post contains affiliate links, meaning I will make a small commission if a purchase is made using that link. I only promote products that I genuinely love and all opinions are my own.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving (1 serving = 1 slice or 1/10th of the loaf)
Calories 268 calories, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 38 mg, Carbohydrates 32 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 141 mg, Calcium 32 mg
#bananabread #easybaking #easyrecipe #glutenfreebaking #glutenfreebananabread #glutenfreebaking #lowfodmap #lowfodmaprecipe #lowfodmapbaking #lowfodmapbananabread #bananawalnutbread #bananachocolatechipbread #holidaybaking #holidayrecipe #baking