Updated: Oct 3, 2018
Just because it's September doesn't mean you need to wait until next summer to use your grill. These spinach and feta stuffed turkey burgers are simple to make and work great as a mealprep item. They're also a great alternative to beef patties for those looking for mix things up or reduce their red meat intake. Simply top with a whole grain bun, pair with a salad and you have a simple, complete, balanced meal!
Ingredients (serves 4):
16 oz ground turkey breast
1 egg, scrambled
3 Tbsp whole wheat breadcrumbs, unflavored
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
2 C spinach, raw
1/2 C feta cheese, crumbled
1. Place ground meat in large mixing bowl. Add scrambled egg.
2. Add breadcrumbs, spices (salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder). Using your hands, mix all ingredients together.
3. Add spinach and cheese and use your hands to mix ingredients well, folding the ingredients together.
4. Form four patties in the shape of a round ball and press down on each patty so it flattens slightly.
5. Grill turkey burgers for approximately 15 minutes total, flipping halfway through, until meat is cooked through and the internal temperature is at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Enjoy!
*I like to top mine with mashed avocado and sprinkled feta cheese crumbles, but it also goes well with ketchup, additional veggies such as sliced tomato and onion, or other sauces!
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
Calories 215 calories, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 134 mg, Carbohydrates 4 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 33 g, Sodium 424 mg, Calcium 115 mg