I've been making these simple roasted carrots since college - since they were always an inexpensive, easy and yummy side dish! While I've added things here and there to make them spicy, sweet, or more intricate, my favorite way to eat them is simply roasted with oil, salt and pepper - they naturally take on a sweet taste once roasted and serve as a super easy, crowd-pleasing dish that takes minimal effort! I hope you enjoy this easy dish as much as my family, friends and I have enjoyed it over the years!
Ingredients (serves 2):
12 oz baby carrots (or you can use traditional carrots and slice them so that they are about the size of baby carrots)
2 Tbsp oil (I like to use avocado oil)
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash carrots and pat dry (it is important that excess water is removed)
3. Spray casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer carrots to dish and drizzle oil over carrots.
4. Add salt and pepper. Use a spoon to mix all ingredients and ensure carrots are in a single, even layer.
5. Bake in oven for approximately 50 minutes, stirring occasionally (~every 15 minutes or so). When finished, carrots should be slightly shriveled, browned and tender. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
Calories 183 calories, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 14 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 278 mg, Calcium 55 mg
*Please Note: While this dish does not contain gluten-containing ingredients, I recommend that you ensure all ingredients (such as spices) are certified gluten free if you are avoiding gluten due to celiac.
#simplesidedish #simpleside #easyside #easyrecipe #lowfodmap #glutenfree #dairyfree #ibsfriendly #ibs #carrots #carrotrecipe #veggies #vegetablerecipe #vegetarian #dietitian #dietitianblog #dietitianrecipe #easyrecipe #holidayside #holidayrecipe