Low FODMAP, Allergen-Friendly, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free Holiday Side Dish (With A Ton of Flavor)!
This may be my favorite holiday side dish that I've created so far - it's THAT good! Also, it happens to be suitable for those with many different dietary needs, including Low FODMAP, gluten free, dairy free, and those with many food allergies. This veggie side is easy to make, with minimal prep (and cook) time, a few, simple ingredients and a ton of flavor - sure to be a hit whether or not you have many dietary restrictions to be mindful of during this holiday season! Because the holidays shouldn't be stressful (no matter how many dietary restrictions you need to consider) - they should be delicious and fun!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6):
16 oz (1 lb.) green beans, washed, pat dry and trimmed
1/3 C pure maple syrup
1/4 C oil (I like to use olive oil or avocado oil)
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 C raw pumpkin seeds, hulled, unsalted
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add green beans to a large mixing bowl. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, until bright green but still very firm (I like to use a paper towel to cover the bowl. You can also steam the green beans over the stove, if you prefer - just be careful not to overcook them, as they will go in the oven after steaming). Set aside.
3. In a separate, smaller bowl, mix together maple syrup, oil, cloves, nutmeg and salt with a spoon until well combined. Pour over the green beans (be careful - the bowl may be hot from the microwave!), add the pumpkin seeds and mix until the green beans and pumpkin seeds are coated with the glaze.
4. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer the green beans to the baking sheet and use a spoon to evenly distribute throughout the baking sheet.
5. Bake in oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-15 minutes, or until green beans are slightly browned and tender, mixing once or twice. Enjoy!
*Please Note: While this recipe is not made with any gluten-containing ingredients, I recommend using certified gluten free products, including spices, if potential sources of cross contamination need to be avoided, such as in the case of celiac disease. Also, this recipe does not contain any of the eight common allergens, however, this does not account for individual dietary needs.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
Calories 180 calories, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 18 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 104 mg, Calcium 45 mg
#greenbeans #holidayrecipe #greenbeanrecipe #glutenfree #glutenfreerecipe #lowfodmaprecipe #lowfodmap #ibsfriendly #dairyfree #allergenfriendly #allergenfriendlyrecipe #dairyfreerecipe #holidaysidedish #easyholidayrecipe #dietitianrecipe #dietitianholidayrecipe #dietitianblog #maplesyrup #pumpkinseeds #sweetgreenbeans