Updated: Nov 5, 2018
This dish is a favorite veggie dish in our house, because it's so easy to prepare, goes with just about anything and tastes amazing! With just a 5 minute prep time, the oven does the rest of the work for you so that you can focus on other things, and you're left with a super simple and flavorful, crunchy vegetable to add to your meals! Broccoli is a member of the cruciferous vegetable family (along with cauliflower, kale and other popular veggies) and is a good source of iron, vitamin C and vitamin K. You'll get when of this nutrition as you add this crispy roasted broccoli to your meals all week (egg scrambles, sandwiches, salads, etc.) - if you have any leftovers, that is!
Ingredients (serves 2):
2 medium broccoli crowns, chopped into florets (or about 4 C florets)
2 Tbsp oil (I like to use avocado oil, since this dish is roasted at a high temperature)
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Rinse broccoli florets in a strainer and pat dry.
3. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Add broccoli and arrange in a single layer.
4. Drizzle oil over broccoli so that it is distributed evenly. Add spices (salt, pepper, garlic powder), distributing evenly throughout the pan.
5. Bake in oven for approximately 15-20 minutes. No need to mix or stir - these will come out crispy and flavorful! Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving (1 serving = approximately 1 C cooked broccoli):
Calories 195 calories, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 14 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 206 mg, Calcium 88 mg
*Please Note: While this dish is free from gluten-containing ingredients, I recommend using certified gluten free products, including spices, if you need to avoid potential sources of cross contamination, as in the case of celiac disease.