Updated: Nov 5, 2018
I'm sharing with you my favorite, simple no-cook recipe! This chilled gazpacho is perfect for a hot, summer day and makes enough to serve for a barbecue or party (or to eat over and over again all week)! I love to create new ways to enjoy my vegetables, and this soup is easily one of my favorite ways to taste the season. This chilled, slightly spicy soup will become a spring and summer staple!
Ingredients (serves 4):
6 roma tomatoes
1 large cucumber
1 small onion
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce (or comparable hot sauce)
* Like it spicy? Just add more hot sauce!
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. Slice tomatoes in quarters. Place in food processor.
2. Add lemon juice, hot sauce, salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar to food processor. Pulse with tomatoes until chunky (approximately 5-10 seconds).
3. Dice onion, garlic and cucumber. Add to food processor.
4. Add parsely. Pulse until pureed (approximately 10 seconds). The soup should be chunky but slightly liquid.
5. Chill in the refrigerator until cold (at least 1 hour). Serve cold and garnish with additional parsley and chopped cucumber if desired.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
Calories 44 calories, Total Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 302 mg, Carbohydrates 7 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g, Calcium 26 mg
*Please Note: While this dish is free from gluten-containing ingredients, I recommend using certified gluten free products if you need to avoid potential sources of cross contamination, such as in the case of celiac disease.